Services / Disabled Adaptations
At AFA we believe in providing a holistic approach to disabled adaptations. Rather than being viewed as just another construction project, the primary purpose of a disabled adaptation should be the rehabilitation and long-term needs of the client. By working more closely with the Case Manager and with the client (where possible) we aim to create a healthy, sustainable and cost effective environment.
AFA offers disabled clients:
- A detailed analysis of requirements.
- A thorough and comprehensive search for properties suitable for adaptation or for land suitable for new-build accommodation.
- Accommodation Reports.
- Production of design options.
- Advice on and appointment of additional consultants.
- Specifications and Schedules of Work.
- Planning and Building Regulation approval.
- Invitations to tender and production of relevant contract documentation.
- Periodic valuations and Project Co-ordination until final completion.
At AFA we understand how important client input is. Our clients range from the severely disabled who need purpose-built accommodation to elderly people who simply need a few adaptations made to their home to make their day-to-day life easier.
Examples of equipment and adaptations include:
- Stair lifts, wardrobe lifts, platform lifts and through-floor lifts
- Ceiling or wall hoists
- Body dryers
- Fully adapted kitchens
- Powered or manual height-adjustable beds
- Powered leg-lifters for people who have difficulty lifting their legs into bed
- You may also need to have adaptation work done in your home - for example, having doorways widened or a ramp installed.
There is no doubt that your home life and quality of living can be improved with the right adaptations and AFA is able to provide for all of your needs both externally and internally.
If you are considering disabled adaptations for your home please contact us for confidential and professional advice.