The property purchased was a detached dormer bungalow with an integral garage. To create suitable accommodation, we completely remodelled the ground and first floor and converted part of the double-garage into habitable space. The bespoke adaptations were designed entirely around the needs of the client and included:
- Opening up the living areas to create a free flowing, wheelchair-accessible space.
- Installing a through-floor lift to allow the client to access the first floor.
- Installing an ‘H’ type hoist system in the bedroom and the living room
- Installing a fully accessible kitchen to allow the client to prepare and cook his food independently.
- Knocking through two bedrooms to create one large bedroom with an ensuite wetroom.
- Converting part of the integral garage into an ensuite shower room for the carers.
- Widening all of internal doorways and providing a ramp to the front entrance.
- Installing pocket doors to provide easy access to all living spaces and providing an an electronic front door, remotely activated by a key fob.
- Constructing a car port in front of the garage to allow dry transfer into the house.
- Extensive hard landscaping, including raising the rear patio to create level access from the living room and building a path around the house.
- Redesigning the existing rear garden to make it low maintenance.
- Installing a Google Home Hub, which allow the client to operate voice-activated smart blinds and lamps and which also acts as an internal intercom system throughout the house.
Other mechanisms in the house are either operated by remote control or by the client’s Ipad e.g. the windows, the garage door and the hob extractor fan.
Through carefully considered and bespoke adaptations the client is able to live as independently as possible, whilst having the support that he needs from his carers.
, , , , , , ,
, , , , , ,
, , , , , , ,